As 2012 starts it’s downward spiral to the inevitable (2013) many of us look back on changes in our lives over the years. I see the New Year as just that a new year, but that also means a lot of old years have come before and with those years have come so many experiences, good and bad.
As I take one last look back I sit here creating a list.
- There will always be people in your life who just cannot make themselves be happy for your successes and your joy.
- There will always be people in your life who won’t be there through tough times because they don’t know how.
- There doesn’t have to be drama in your life unless you allow it to be there, you are the one with your hand on the “on/off switch”.
- There will always be people you cannot “fix” no matter how hard you try.
- There will be a day when finding a photo, an old gift, or having a sudden memory will make you smile because it is okay that it’s over.
- There will be incredible people who will find you and appreciate you for all the things that make you special.
- There is opportunity waiting for you and it magically appears when you are living in a better emotional place.
- There is love everywhere and love shows itself more when your heart rids itself of anger and hurt.
- There is a time to look around you and realize the happiest people are the healthiest people physically and emotionally.
- There should never be a person in your life who doesn’t honor you in thought, word and deed, the peace that follows letting them go is one of the greatest gift you can give yourself.
Fortunately these lessons do come to all of us if/when we listen.
Practice Joy ~