Surviving family secrets – I have questions. We all have family secrets so I hope to get some answers. I was asked this myself recently by someone who was holding onto a really deep dark secret – sometimes I wonder if the writers of the TV show “Dallas” have seep dark secrets. All kidding aside, I would appreciate some honest answers.
- Can a family survive if a family secret stays secret?
- Can what is left of a family survive if the family secret comes out?
- Do you have a family secret?
- Have you considered telling it?
- Did you tell it?
- What happened?
- Did it help to reveal it?
- Do you prefer to walk around being the one to blame so you keep it quiet?
- Is it too late and you wish you had revealed it?
- Did someone else reveal it?
- Are you sorry it all came out?
- Or were you just tired of only one side of the family secret being told and felt it was time for the whole enchilada to be out?
I know I have more questions but I think these questions are a good beginning. If you don’t want to answer here “in public” you can send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I promise I will not be naming names – I am just asking to understand how a family secret has impacted your life.